Drug Free Workplace Resources and Electronic Forms
The Chamber provides resources and support for members seeking Drug Free Workplace Certification. We are here to help make your certification a simple process for any business.
Follow these 5 easy steps to become a Certified Drug Free Workplace and save 7.5% on your workers comp insurance:
1. Written Policy Statement: A business must have a written and communicated notice of a policy statement against substance abuse in the workplace.
2. Drug Screening: The following tests for employees are required for certification in teh Drugs Don't Work program: Job Applicant, Reasonable Suspicion, Post Accident, Post Rehabilitation and Fitness for Duty (if applicable).
3. Employee Education: During the first year, every employee is required to complete two hours of drug program education for certification. Only one hour is required in the second and subsequent years. Employee training is provided by the newsletters provided by the Chamber. *An employer must complete the first hour of education before qualifying for certification. The second hour of education may be completed within 6 months of initial certification.
4. Supervisor Training: Employers must provide all supervisory personnel with a minimum of two hours of training in the first year. Only one hour is required in teh second and subsequent years. Supervisors must complete the first hour of employee education training before an employer may qualify for certification. Supervisor training provided by the Chamber and the Pastoral Institute free of charge.
5. Employee Assitance Program: Employers must provide either a EAP or a referral list of treatment and counseling centers in the area
Contact the Chamber to schedule your consultation and begin the certification process.
-- ad --